Frequently Ask Questions
What does the Price Match Challenge (PMC) mean?
While using our website, users are sure that they are getting the best deal for their travel; however, if they find the identical booking at the lower price, then on the Major Competitor’s website on the same day of the booking up to 10:00 pm, then they can inform us about the same. We will check that price and will match the same by refunding the price difference. Also, if you would like to terminate your bookings, then we will provide you with a full refund.
It is important to note that the ‘same itinerary’ means that all the elements will be similar such as the flight number, airline, type of seat, date, total number of travelers, and itinerary.
Can I hold my booking?
TrekHops cannot hold your bookings, as per the airlines’ policy. So, you are advised to make your reservations as soon as you find the discounted airfares.
What is the procedure to make bookings for an infant?
Before proceeding further, it is important to understand that a child below the age of 24 months is known as an infant. If you are flying within the United States, then the infants can travel on the flight for free until they are seated on the adult’s lap. Also, one adult can carry only one infant in the lap.
However, if you are traveling to an international destination, then you will have to pay a certain amount of fare plus taxes. In addition to this, a paper ticket is mandatory to carry even if the infant is traveling on the adult’s lap. You can easily purchase a ticket for infants online.
Connect with our customer support team to book an infant ticket.
Can I request a special meal on the flight?
This depends on the airline with which you are flying. Some airlines offer complimentary meals while others charge for the same. Sometimes, the airline doesn’t provide an in-flight meal facility. So, you are requested to check this option before making the final bookings.
If the airline offers an option to request a special meal, then you can generally pre-order your meal up to 24 hours before the flight take-off. Travelers can either request the same online at the time of booking or by calling the airline’s authority. The acceptance of such requests totally depends on the airline.
Is seat selection possible on the flights?
Sure. Travelers can easily select their preferred seats while booking their flight tickets. To know more about the same or to book your favorite seat, you can reach out to our customer service.
Does TrekHops offer a flight booking facility for last-minute travel?
There are certain bookings that may require up to three business days, so in that case, we are unable to offer you a last-minute flight booking facility. You can call our customer care representative for further assistance.
Will you email a quote for flights?
Airfare changes every minute and thus, there is no guarantee for the discounted price until ticketed. Due to this, we are unable to email a quote for flights. Please stay in touch with our customer support team to get updated with the latest fares and special discounts.
How can I connect with TrekHops directly to make bookings?
Is it possible to book an itinerary with the stopover?
Of course. All you need is to click on the Multi-City option on the flight search screen and proceed accordingly.
How can I book my flight if I am arriving in one city and returning from another?
Well, in that case, you can opt for the Multi-City option available on the flight search screen. However, you need to check the availability first. To know more, connect with us at any time.
If I get the pop-up message of ‘Sold Out’ even if the flight shows available on the flight listing page. What does it mean?
This generally happens due to the high demand for flight tickets. It might be possible that the flight ticket has been sold out while you are searching for the same. To facilitate the travelers, we always monitor such changes closely and keep our fares updated as current as possible.
Why am I getting an error message while using the credit card for making flight bookings?
This generally happens when you insert the wrong information while entering the car details. Information like name of the cardholder, address, zip code, and the credit card number must be identical with that of mentioned in the Credit Card company’s record. You can either check the information entered or use the different cards to make the flight bookings.
I want to book a flight ticket for an unaccompanied minor on TrekHops. Is it possible?
To avoid any hassle, we suggest you contact the airline’s authority directly to know more about the unaccompanied minor policy, fee, restrictions, and other rules. Contact us to make the flight reservations.
Do you offer any guarantee for airfares?
Airfares are subject to change at any time without any notification; hence, we cannot offer any guarantee for the same, until the tickets have been booked. If owing to the technical error, wrong fares are displayed on the website, then we have the right to suggest you on the correct airfare within three business days of your reservation. It’s your choice whether you want to accept that new fare or wish to terminate the booking.
Are taxes involved in the fares mentioned on the site?
Yes, generally all the airfares listed on the site include the base fare as well as taxes, as applicable.
Can I modify my existing booking? If yes, then how?
Yes. To do the same, you can contact our customer support team at any time. However, it is important to know that an additional fee per ticket including the fare difference, if applicable, will be required to make changes in your booking. Also, it depends on the flight on which you have made reservations.
Additional conditions may apply for modifying your bookings such as:
- Certain airlines won’t allow making changes even for a fee.
- The traveler’s name cannot be altered.
- The same airline must be used.
- Changes might not be possible in the case of dates, route, and time.
- You need to terminate the actual booking before departure date and time.
What if I lose my paper ticket?
Most of the time, the airline requires you to purchase a replacement ticket at the current fare. However, if your original flight ticket is not used for up to a certain time, generally 6 to 12 months, then the airline will offer you the credit for the purchase price of the replacement ticket after subtracting the application fee. This fee is usually $100 per traveler but it depends on the airline.
It is important to note that such policies are subject to change from time to time and thus, you are advised to check the same before making the flight bookings. Also, you can file a lost ticket application by connecting with our customer support team.
How much fee will be charged for modifying the flight tickets?
While making changes to your existing booking, you will be charged:
- The penalty imposed by the airline
- Fare difference if you have booked the new ticket at a higher price.
- TrekHops service fee
Will I get any refund If I terminate my existing booking?
If you have booked discounted airline tickets, then they are generally non-refundable; however, it varies from one airline to another. Guidelines related to the cancelation and refund are mentioned on our website and you are suggested to go through our Terms and Conditions before getting your bookings done with us.
What should I do if the Flight Confirmation Page shows the wrong itinerary date?
In that case, you should contact our customer service team as early as possible to know the appropriate solution for the same.
If the booking confirmation email shows that the airline doesn’t guarantee the booking, what does it mean?
It simply means that the airline hasn’t confirmed your booking yet and your booking status is still pending. You get the email with a confirmed itinerary once your credit card will be charged with the amount.
When and how should I re-confirm my reservations?
You can get in touch with the airline at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure to re-confirm your reservation and to re-confirm your return flight.
If I have a partially used or unused flight ticket, does it hold any value?
Depending on the airline, the unused tickets might be exchanged for a new ticket but partially flight tickets hold no value. Also, if you are a ‘no-show’, then your unused flight ticket is of no use.
Can I add more travelers to my existing booking?
No. You can only make a new reservation to add more travelers. As airfares are subject to change, therefore, we don’t guarantee the availability of the original fares.
What if I miss my departure flight?
The final outcome will be based on the situation in which you have missed your departure flight:
- If you miss your departure flight due to your fault, then the airline has a complete right to mark you in the category of No-Show and it will make your flight ticket null and void.
- However, if you are on the way to the airport and feel that you might miss your flight, then call the airline immediately to avoid the no-show problem.
- If you have boarded the departure but missed the connecting flight or subsequent flight, then you can immediately visit the nearest ticket counter and they will offer you a reservation in the very next available flight.
Let me know the baggage limitations for the flight I book.
To know about the baggage guidelines for the flight you’ll be going to book, contact the airline’s authority directly. Airlines generally update their policies for cabin and checked baggage along with the additional fee, therefore, it is good to learn about every single thing before getting your seats done.
What essential documents are needed for travel?
The list of essential documents depends on various factors like the city from which you are leaving, destination, stopovers (if any), and the country for which your passport has been issued. To know the exact documentation, you can connect with the airline with which you are flying. It is your duty to carry all important documents and neither TrekHops nor the airline will be held liable for that.
What will happen to my checked luggage when I change the flight?
If your airline has a baggage agreement, then your baggage will be checked all the way through to your final destination. However, if no baggage agreement is there, then it is your sole duty to the Baggage Claim at the first airport where you land to change the flight to claim your bag. Thereafter, you need to check-in your bag again for the next flight.
Is there any additional fee that is not involved in the price of the flight ticket?
Yes, baggage fee, Airport Entry, and Exit Fee are not included in the price of your flight ticket. You will have to pay the same during the immigration and customs process. You are advised to connect with the airline’s authority directly to check whether there is an extra fee to be paid or not.
Can I travel with an E-Ticket?
Sure. Airlines generally offer e-tickets to the passenger to ensure the safety of the same. But, note that if you are traveling with an e-ticket, then don’t forget to bring a government-issued photo-id at the airport. Also, get your boarding pass at least 24 hours before the flight take-off to avoid hustle and bustle.
While booking flight tickets, can I earn frequent flyer miles?
Yes, most of the airlines generally allow you to earn frequent flyers miles on the flight tickets; however, there are some exceptions. To know more, connect with our customer service team.
What does Prepaid Ticket Advice (PTA) mean and how it works?
PTA is a system with which a message is sent to the airline about the issuance of paper tickets at the airport. If the paper ticket can’t be delivered to the traveler location due to the rules & regulations of some countries and the traveler’s address, then this system is used. After your reservation, the PTA will be sent to the airline and we will send an email to you after that. This email will contain the PTA number for all fliers involved in the booking. To obtain the paper ticket at the airport, show this number at the ticket-counter during the check-in process.
Please note that in addition to “Airline fees and taxes,” a PTA service fee of $150 will be charged.
Are senior citizen discounts available on TrekHops?
Passengers who are above the age of 65 may get senior citizen discounts, but it totally depends upon the policies of the selected airline. Several domestic airlines stopped offering senior discounts and not even international carriers offer such discounts. If the senior discount is available, it will be shown to you at the time of reservation.
Are military discounts available on TrekHops?
TrekHops publishes multiple special discounts, deals, and offers, including military discounts also. Most of the airlines offer low airfares for active duty personnel and Military-ID cardholders. To fetch a great deal, go for these offers.
Are there any restrictions on traveling with pets?
If any traveler is planning to fly with his.her furry friend, then he/she must connect to the airline to learn more about the same. Some common guidelines for traveling with pets are mentioned below.
- Don’t forget to carry the health certificate of the pet for air travel.
- Every airline has different restrictions on the allowed number and size of the pet. Connect the airline to enlighten yourself with these guidelines.
- Traveling with pets requires special handling of it by crew members; that’s why an additional fee will be charged as per the airline’s policy.
- Many airlines have a limitation on the breed of dogs, so go through it before flying.
- If you are flying with your pet, you must meet the criteria for it. Check out the restrictions for cages and other shipping containers.
- Your pet can also fly in the baggage compartment of the flight, but there are some restrictions based on temperature. Don’t forget to check it.
What is the difference between a one-way, round-trip, and multi-destination?
- Multi destinations - This trip involves several destinations by selecting flights between each of the chosen locations.
- Round-trip - This trip simply means traveling from source location to the final destination and flying back to the starting location.
- One way - One-way trip is the one in which you fly to your end destination and do not fly back to the starting destination.
What is the difference between a senior, children, and an adult?
- Senior passengers come under the age group of 65 or above. They may not get discounts on all flight tickets.
- Infants are children who are below the age of 2.
- Adult fares are for passengers who are in the age group of 18 to 64.
- Children are passengers who fall under the age group of 2 to 17. Please keep in notice that the airline may charge full fares for the passenger older than 11 years.
- Lap infants are the ones who will not get a separate seat in a flight and an adult will hold him/her in the lap. These kids usually fly for free on domestic flights. They may have to pay a certain fee for traveling on international flights. Special fares are also there if anyone wants to reserve a separate seat for an infant.
Connect to the airline directly to know about the policies for lap infants and special fares. Get in touch with our customer support team and learn more about the age groups and their ticket options.
What are the bargain, published, and exclusive fares?
- Bargain fares - These are the discounted fares that have been made available by the airline for passengers.
- Published fares - These are the non-discounted fares available for passengers.
- Exclusive fares - Exclusive fares are available on our site and we have negotiated with the airline for these special fares.
What if the “Exclusive Fares” are not available?
Once these fares are sold out, the airfare of the selected ticket changes to the next highest level of fare. If the passenger is flexible with travel dates, he/she must try to search for the “Exclusive Fares” by entering the new dates. He/she may get these fares on a different date but for the same destination. If you are unable to locate “Exclusive Fares” contact the customer support team of TrekHops.
Can I fly if the name on my boarding pass is different from the one in my government ID?
Always be extra careful while providing your details during the booking process. Ensure to fill the same name as it appears on your photo ID proof to avoid any hassle. However, small differences such as using a middle name in spite of the full name, apostrophes, or hyphens will not create many problems for passengers.
What documents should I carry to pass the airport security?
If you are traveling on a domestic flight, you are required to bring any state or government-issued photo ID proof such as passport or driving license your boarding pass along with a copy of your trip details. A valid passport is needed for all the travel outside the US. Moreover, you may need to show a visa for your entrance in some countries.
What are the different flight options and service classes on the flight?
Below-mentioned is the most common names used by airlines to describe its travel classes, though it can differ from airline to airline.
- First Class - It is the most expensive class available on the flight and it is situated very close to the front part of the flight. Though the seats are limited but are very comfortable. Upgraded meals are also offered in this travel class. Some of the other perks of choosing First Class include access to the airport business lounge of the airline and shorter check-in queues. Please note that this kind of seating is not guaranteed in every airline.
- Business Class - Seats of this service class are very spacious and offer extra legroom for the comfort of passengers. They can easily recline farther and stretch their legs. It also provides upgraded meals. Tickets of this travel class are less than the First Class and costly than the Economy Class.
- Economy Class - This seating is available in the main cabin area and is the most economical.
These are the different classes of service available on every flight. Available flight options are-
- Connecting flights - Sometimes to reach the final destination, passengers may have to take more than one flight. It includes more than one departures and landings. De-board the flight and take another one to travel to the final location.
- Nonstop flights - As the name is suggesting, these are the ones, which don’t stop at any location before reaching the final destination.
- Stops but no change flights - These flights may stop somewhere in between, but you will not know this while making a booking. Passengers are not permitted to change the flight at the in-between stops.
What does Secure flight mean?
It is a pre-screening program conducted by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This program simplifies the security watch list matching process. To enhance the travel experience of every passenger, this program may collect some data from them.
What is the purpose of the secure flight program?
This program is implemented to-
- Facilitate passengers with smooth and safe flight
- Safeguard the privacy of passengers
- Detect suspected and known terrorists
- Detect whether a selected individual is allowed to board the flight or not
- Stop passengers of the No Fly List from taking the flight
What kind of traveler information is needed to implement a Secure Flight Program?
The following data will be required for this program.
- Date of birth
- Full name as shown in the government-issued ID proof that you are carrying
- Redress number (if available)
Connect to our customer support team if you have any issues pertaining to the required documents.
What is the meaning of Redress Number?
It is basically a unique number that will be assigned by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to a traveler who has been at the airport screening earlier.
What are the rules and regulations of the ticket?
- TrekHops shall not be held responsible for the travel service suppliers’ failure, including but not limited to tour operators, car rental agencies, railroads, steamship lines, hotels, airlines, and consolidators.
- TrekHops is only a service bureau that offers value-added service to retail travel agents.
- We shall not be held liable for any change in flight or fluctuation in the price of any service once the payment of such services has been done.
- TrekHops does not ensure or guarantee the services, which will be provided by any supplier. In any case, if the supplier defaults before delivering the service to you, the sole responsibility of the refund is of the supplier.
- TrekHops is not responsible for any loss, injury, accident, omission, error, act, irregularity, nonperformance, delay, damage, or any consequence, which may happen due to the default, neglect, or any other action of the supplier.
- Discounts that are published on our site may vary based on some factors like time of year, destination, class of service, airlines utilized, minimum stay requirements fulfilled, advance notice provided, and flight load.
- TrekHops guarantees that it offers the highest standard of services. These services are selected with appropriate care to protect passengers from any default.
- TrekHops has no liability for actions related to the travel services that are beyond its and its employees’ control.
Who should I contact for help while traveling?
If you have any queries, reach out to the selected airline directly or the service provider.
What is the meaning of “Consolidator Fare” used in the aviation industry?
Consolidator Fares are basically 20-50% discounted fares than the originally posted fares. These fares may have the same or more restrictions on it. In this case, changes and cancelations are usually more restricted. If you are sure about your traveling dates, you don’t have to worry about the rules and regulations associated with Consolidator Fares.
Are Consolidator Fares offered on TrekHops?
Yes, you may view these fares as “Exclusive Fares” on our site.
What is the position of TrekHops in comparison to other online travel portals?
TrekHops offers amazing deals and guarantees low fares. We are not associated with any single airline, and we offer an unbiased listing of fares.